From pasta to pizza, cheese is a must-have in every occasion. In fact, even in daily meals, everyone loves to eat cheese with bread or with any other dish whether it is for breakfast or in any meal of the day.
When slicing cheese, a cheese slicer comes in really handy since you can easily cut the hard or semi-hard cheese. And with all the different choices available, how do you choose the best cheese slicer?
We give you a practical guide on how to spot the best cheese slicer along with reviewed slicers that are available in the market.
What You Need to Know About Cheese Slicer
Before you get the best cheese slicer, there is a few basic information that you need to know about cheese slicer. There are actually different types of cheese slicer which include the following:
The blade is found in the base of the metal surfaces. This is suitable for slicing soft cheeses.
Rolling Cheese Cutters
If you are searching for a semi-soft cheese slicer and also hard cheese, you should use rolling cheese cutters. It uses stainless steel.
Wire cheese slicer
It comes with a cutting board and may come different forms.
What to Look For When Buying a Cheese Slicer
Depending on your preference, you can simply choose the type of cheese slicer that best fits you. Before you purchase, take into consideration essential factors like safety, durability, ease of use, adjustability, warranty.
- EASE OF USE
- WARRANTY COVERAGE
How about the warranty coverage? It is best to go for a brand that offers good warranty coverage, so the slicer is covered from any breakage.
Reviews of 5 Best Cheese Slicer
Your choice of cheese slicer would basically depend on the kind of cheese you usually have. To help you in choosing the best brands, we have reviewed some of the best cheese slicers out there.
A beautiful and durable cheese slicer, the Bellemain Cheese Slicer makes it effortless for you to cut the cheese. It is very easy to use and gives you fast slicing. Unlike knives, you do not need to sharpen the knife and it also comes with a replacement wire.
It is made of rugged stainless steel that gives you strong slicing and cutting. The brand offers a one year warranty coverage.
- It is a well-designed cheese slicer.
- Makes use of rugged stainless steel so you know that this slicer will last
- A very durable cheese slicer
- Very easy to use and to hold
- Can effectively slick cheese that is up to ¼ inches thick
- Features high stainless steel roller.
- The handle is made of cast aluminum.
- Comes with money back guarantee.
- Online comes with one year warranty,
- Difficult to get consistent sizes.
- Use a screwdriver for Change the slice thickness.
If you are looking for a cheese slicer that is designed for heavy duty use, you can never go wrong in choosing the Westmark Cheese Slicer.
A quality brand, Westmark will not disappoint especially since their cheese slicer is made from high-quality stainless steel. It also comes with ergonomic aluminum cast handle. What you will like about this product is that you can use it to slice soft and hard cheese.
- Made from stainless steel roller and wire.
- This cheese slicer is built to last and very durable.
- Has an ergonomic handle which makes it easy to hold.
- Ready to use
- Perfect for soft to hard types of cheese
- Easy to clean you can use just soap and water
- Comes with five-year warranty coverage
- A tiny handle and is hard to hold and use.
- Not dishwasher safe.
Another good buy is the OXO Good Grips Wire Cheese Slicer. This makes cheese slicing very fast and easy. It is made from stainless steel wire which only means that you have a slicer that can last for a long time. It is not difficult to load unlike other cheese slicers as it has a tensioning wheel.
You can also use the tensioning wheel to tighten the wires. What you will about OXO is that it has a very sturdy construction backed with a convenient handle. This cheese slicer is perfectly suitable to slice medium to hard cheese. You can simply adjust your angle.
- Has a very sturdy construction as it is made of stainless steel..
- This cheese slicer is built to last.
- Perfectly suitable to slice medium to hard cheese.
- Has a tension wheel that you can use to tighten wire when it gets loose.
- Comes with easy wire replacement.
- Can effectively cut thin or thick cheese.
- The handle is very comfortable and soft to hold.
- The thickness of the slice is not adjustable.
- Hard to slice firmly and softly.
Being around in the industry for years, Norpro is one of the most established brands that you can find. The Norpro Cheese Slicer is created for heavy duty and what is nice about this product is that it is not too expensive.
The cheese slicer can cut from thin to thick cheese. But its main advantage lies in the ability to cut cheese evenly. Plus, it also comes with an extra cutting wire (stainless steel). One of the things you will like about Norpro is that it is suitable for heavy duty cheese slicing.
- Made of zinc alloy (heavy duty) so you know you can use it even to slice hard type of cheese.
- Easily adjust to the kind of cheese that you want to slice.
- It is not so expensive unlike other cheese slicers.
- Consistently and evenly slice cheese.
- Very easy to use and to clean.
- Comes with extra stainless steel cutting wire.
- The wire was loose and no provision to tighten the wire.
- The roller difficult to clean.
Established in the 1970s, Prodyne is one of the most loved cheese slicer brands in the market. It is known for its function and quality and the Prodyne 805B is the proof to it. It is a very stylish cheese slicer that uses cutting wire made from stainless steel.
So even if you want to slice hard cheese, you will not have any difficulty. This cheese slicer can give you perfectly even slice for thick or thin cheese. What sets it apart from the rest is that the brand offers a lifetime warranty.
- Features a very stylish design and it made of beechwood.
- Very durable and can last for a long period of time since it is made of stainless steel.
- You can use it to slice any type of cheese even if you have to slice the hardest cheese.
- The wire is replaceable.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty coverage.
- Has a non-slip rubber feet which make it easy and convenient to use.
- The wire will looser after a few uses.
- The coating on the wood may peel over time.
These five slicers are just some of the best ones that you can find in the market. So, which one is the best cheese slicer? It actually depends on what type you are looking for. If you are in search for a heavy duty cheese slicer, the best choices would be Norpro, Westmark and Prodyne.
For soft to medium cheese, you might want to go for Bellemain and OXO. But in terms of the warranty coverage, there is only one brand that can give you a lifetime warranty coverage and that is Prodyne.
Whichever you choose you can definitely be sure that your cheese slicer makes it easy for you to cut your favorite cheese.